My New Blog

Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure is in Austin This Weekend!

November 1st, 2007 2:46 PM by Heather Brown

 

The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure is this Sunday - Nov. 4th.  The Race begins at 8:15 am at Auditorium Shores. 


2007 Komen Austin Race for the Cure

One in eight women will be stricken with breast cancer in her lifetime. The Komen Austin Race for the Cure® raises money to fund education, screening and treatment programs for these women and thousands of others in our own community and supports the national search for a cure.

The Komen Race for the Cure® Series is the largest series of 5K run/ walks in the world. Since its origination in Dallas in 1983, the Komen Race for the Cure® Series has grown from one local race with 800 participants to an international series of 115 races with more than 1.3 million participants.

The Power of 10 people and $10!

Join in the Power of 10 and help celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Komen Austin Affiliate by donating at least $10 to my fundraising efforts.

75% of net funds (after expenses) raised by the Komen Austin Affiliate stay in the Austin area to fund breast cancer screening, education and treatment. The remaining 25% of net proceeds go to support the Susan G. Komen Award and Research Grant Program, which funds cutting-edge breast cancer research.

If you would like to make a donation on my behalf, please visit my personal page at: http://www.komenaustin.org/site/TR/?pg=personal&JServSessionIdr009=hpeert6fs5.app1b&fr_id=1060&px=1409353

 

Buying or Selling?

I Want to Help!!!

Heather Brown  RE/MAX Austin Skyline

512-751-2931 or visit www.HeatherBrown.com

Posted in:General
Posted by Heather Brown on November 1st, 2007 2:46 PM

Archives:

My Favorite Blogs:

Sites That Link to This Blog: